1. Examinees for HSK test at Sichuan International Studies University should enter their proper examination rooms 15 minutes prior to the start of the examination with their examination certificate cards and proper personal identification documents with photos attached, such as personal ID cards, or passports, or certificates for residence. Those who fail to show all the certificates required are not allowed to enter the examination rooms. Once entered the rooms, the examinees should sit at the desks according to their numbers for the exam, placing the examination certificate card and the identification card at the upper left corner of the desk.
2. Apart from necessary writing materials such as 2B pencils, erasers, pens or ball-pens of black or blue, no examinee is allowed to bring into the examination room books, written materials, writing paper, electronic dictionaries, cameras and other things that have nothing to do with the examination. Before entering the examination rooms, examinees shall turn off any means of communication they have brought with them, such as mobile phones or hand phones of any kind, and beepers.
3. Examinees who arrive at the examination rooms 5 minutes or less after the start of the exam (beginning from the start of Listening Comprehension) are allowed to take part in the exam immediately; and those who arrive 5—35 minutes after the start of the exam are allowed to begin their exam at the start of the next part of the examination, and they shall not be allowed to prolong their time for exam for their time lost; and those who are more than 35 minutes late for the exam shall not be allowed to take part in the exam.
4. Generally speaking, an examinee is not allowed to leave the exam room while the examination is going on. However, an examinee may leave the room for some special reasons with permission given by the examination supervisor. Examinees are allowed to go the restroom only one at a time, accompanied by a staff member of the team working for the examination.
5. The HSK test shall be conducted in strict accordance with the time schedule and the examinee is not allowed to do a certain part of the exam ahead of or after the given time.
6. Before the examinee actually begins to answer questions in the exam, he / she is required to give the information according to the content of his / her exam certificate card by crossing appropriate letters on the examination paper for such items as the name (in both Chinese and English), number of the examination paper (on the upper right corner of the front page of the examination paper), nationality code (as established by the HSK Test Center), code for the examination site, the serial number for the examinee, and sex of the examinee by crossing the right choice.
7. All examinees shall observe the following disciplines for the examination:
a) No attempt shall be made by any means in the exam room to pass on or exchange information concerning the examination;
b) No attempt shall be made to copy from or glance at examination papers, answer sheets and other materials of other examinee(s);
c) Examinees shall not be allowed to smoke, talk, laugh or do any other things that may disturb the order in the exam room.
Violation of any of the above-mentioned rules shall be regarded as breach of the examination discipline and the examinee(s) concerned shall be dealt with in accordance with relevant regulations for the examination and in the light of relevant Chinese laws and regulations.
8. Examination papers or answer sheets damaged because of the examinee shall not be replaced and all the consequences shall be borne by the examinee concerned.
9. Examinees should follow instructions and arrangements of the supervisor or other member of the team working for the examination in case anything unexpected should arise, such as power failure, fire, earthquake and other natural calamities, or any case of disturbance of security and public order or criminal offence while the examination is going on. And
10. As soon as the time of examination is over, examinees shall stop writing immediately, and place their examination papers and answer sheets on the desk, waiting for the supervisor to collect them; and they shall not leave until the supervisor has finished collecting and checking the examination papers and answer sheets.
HSK Test Office
Sichuan International Studies University