You will be teaching classes including English Compositions, American Literature, Newspaper Reading, Cross-culture Communication, Conversational English, etc. 14 classes a week, plus office hours and occasional lectures and recordings.
· Native English speaker
· Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred
· Teaching certificate, 2 or more years of ESL teaching experience
· Professional and responsible
Salary and Benefits
Monthly salary varies from RMB 2,200 to RMB 4,500 yuan depending on the qualification and experience. The exchange rate between USD and RMB is about 1:8.1.
Additional RMB 2,200 yuan will be given as bonus after completing one year teaching.
· If the teacher works at SISU for one academic year, SISU will pay for the shortest route return international ticket from his /her home country to Chongqing for the teacher.
· Based on one semester contract, SISU will pay for his/her Chinese inland flight ticket for arrival from Beijing, shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen to Chongqng, and one-way international air ticket for back to a port city in his/her country.
A free apartment with bath room and kitchen is provided for the teacher on campus, including air conditioning in the bedroom, a refrigerator, a color TV set, cooker, a telephone, Internet access etc.
Physical Exam is required for all applicants at their own expenses. It may be done in China or in their countries. The original record of blood test (esp. serum test concerning Aids, hepatitis, Venereal disease such as Syphilis, Gonorrhea) is also required.
SISU provides RMB 5,00 yuan (RMB five hundred only) for medical care for a foreign teacher per semester. This is mainly for a cold or other minor illness. We require that all-foreign teachers be in good health, and suggest that they buy medical insurance and life insurance at home.
· The contract will initially cover one or two semesters and may be extended upon mutual agreement
· Copies of credentials
· Two reference letters
· Resume and a cover letter
· Date of birth and passport copy
· Location of the consulate for your visa application
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 86-23-6538-5218 Fax: 86-23-6538-5875
Mailing address: Attn. Mr. Ma Yuhua
Foreign Affairs Office
Sichuan International Studies University
Lieshimu, Shapingba,Chongqing, 400031
P. R. of China